The football spread offense has become one of the most popular high school and college plays in today’s football. Here is an article about a new type of spread offense.
The football spread offense lets you be more aggressive on offense. You can win football games using the spread offense even if your opponent has better talent.
I talked with former a former NFL player and Head Football Coach Bill Renner and he are some of his ideas about the Spread Offense for Football.
«Establish a Beach head» Once we determine which assault method, run or pass, is the most effective versus our opponent, we will use this as the primary means to attack them 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time we will mix in one of the other attack methods. We want to have two means of attack to not allow the defense to hone in on our primary method and adjust to it. At the same time, we want to consider taking what the defense is permitting us either run or pass. Both systems, run and pass, need to be simple yet provide you with the answers to whatever the defense shows you.
«One Bit of Territory at a Time» – Do not try to beat the opponent in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, beat them gradually, control them. We want to have an offensive attack that they cannot stop from the 1st quarter through the 4th quarter and play all offensive situations the same, aggressive and attacking. We do not change offenses for down-distance, being ahead, being behind, goal line/short yardage, last play, two-minute, etc. The 5 Wide Attack Spread Offense works for all situations and allows us to keep taking territory, little by little. We ALWAYS remember that no amount of points are ever enough for them or us!